Monday 31 August 2009

IGoogle

I've been playing about with IGoogle to create my new homepage. Quite fun but like a lot of other things I could spend hours playing with it each day and not achieving anything.

What I like though are the elements of it that you can create as random. It's always easy to say that I'm not interested in certain things when the honest answer is that I don't always try them out. So the more random influences swim into my vision, the more likely I am to enlarge my interests and widen my knowledge.

Years ago I remember the jazz singer Cleo Laine saying in a radio interview that she didn't like olives but every so often she tried them again in case she'd changed her mind in the meantime.

Since she's still enthusiastic and lively at 80 her mind is definitely not closed to new influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment