Thursday 17 June 2010

Writer's Almanac

I plug this from time to time because I think it's a fantastic resource for writers.  It's expanded my knowledge about writers familiar to me and introduced me to many I've never met before.

when you subscribe you receive a daily email about writng and writers, particularly those who have an anniversary or birthday that day.  In addition they run themes throughout the year and the following extra.

The whole service is free but they do ask for donations given it's a public service.

The Writer's Almanac EXTRA: Resources for poetry lovers Every day of the year, listeners tune in to more than 300 public radio stations across the U.S. to hear Garrison Keillor read a short poem or two and share an historical insight. In The Writer’s Almanac Extra, we survey highlights from the show’s past month, matching readings with books of poetry.


For more information go to 

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment