Wednesday 1 September 2010

Trent Valley Windows Nottingham

This is nothing to do with writing except it's a problem that distracted me over the weekend. 

On Saturday I decided to clean the windows and was going along happily when somehow, and I have no idea how I did it, I managed to lock a window with it open.  Of course then it wouldn't close..

Immediate panic because I couldn't find the key.  And after trying all the other keys, I still couldn't find the key.  The fortunate thing was the window in question was at the top of the house and not immediately apparent from outside that it was open.

Searched the paperwork for the installer and on Tuesday was on the phone to Trent Valley Windows in Nottingham.  A very helpful and tolerant, ie he didn't tell me I should have had the key safe, offered to find something in their stores that might help. 

This morning in the mail, some replacement keys. 

Tried them and relief, they worked. 

What a star John at Trent Valley was.  Left him a voicemail message to say thank you.

And the moral of the story?  Next time I won't give in to my impulse to clean the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment