Sunday 26 April 2009

Miller Harris perfumes

www.millerharris.com Yesterday I had one of the most exciting experiences of my life. How often do you get the chance to meet someone who creates ambiance, memories and magic.

I've been a perfume obsessive for years and one of my dreams is to have a perfume created for me. This year that dream came a lot closer because now in Nottingham we have a shop devoted to the perfumes of the renowned perfumer Lyn Harris.

The shop's been open a few months and when I first found it I went in and gabbled because I was so excited. Yesterday I gabbled even more because I had the chance to meet Lyn Harris. To launch her new perfume Terre du Bois the shop hosted an event where she talked about becoming a perfumer, how she creates her perfumes and oh just so much.

The shop itself is a joy and having met her we could see everything about the shop comes like the perfumes from her heart.

If you like me are sick of multinationals taking your money and giving you little in return then race to the shop in Nottingham or her branches in London. This lady is getting better by the year as a perfumer.

So head over to one of her shops, the website or a store like Selfridges (who are no slouches at deciding what's excellent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment