Wednesday 19 May 2010

Extraordinary Women 2010

Attended the event yesterday and spent a wonderful day in the company of inspiring and successful women.  I'm not talking merely about financial success but more that of someone having a vision, turning it into a goal and achieving the goal.

Each of the speakers was asked to describe themselves in 3 words and Trish Davidson of Unchosen (an organisation campaigning against human trafficking in the UK) used 'Never give up'.

If you despair of getting your children to talk to you then have a look at what Lisa Warner is doing over at Fink. http://www.finkblog.com/

The theme of the day really was not setting any limits to what you can acheive and someone sent me the following quote last night which is apt.  We'll assume that Gandhi had in his mind and heart the role of women when he said this.

"Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I shall have the belief that I can do it. I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning."

Mahatma Gandhi, 1869-1948, Indian Nationalist Leader

Thanks to Vicki Espin, Francine Pickering and the team for all their hard work in staging the event.  Nominations for the awards will open in June for 2011.  If you know a woman you think should be honoured then check out this website.http://www.extraordinarywomenuk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment