Thursday 28 January 2010

My Writing Anniversary

It's a year ago today since my first book The Writer's Little Book. . . With Big Ideas was launched.

I called it a little book because we designed it to fit in a pocket or normal sized handbag. Something you could dip into at odd moments. On a train, a quick coffee break, or that chapter before you drop off to sleep.

Although it is a small book, I intended it to have a big reach which is why I added, With Big Ideas. I wanted as I now want all my books to inspire you as a writer.

It was written, as all my books are written from a practical standpoint. We need help as writers, all of us. We need advice, encouragement and support.

That's why I created the Writers Little Book Club to help provide that support. In the last year I've tried to include things I thought would help. Ideas and support that I would have liked.

This year I want more ideas from you as to what you will find helpful.

In 12 months I've created 3 books and there's another one on the way. What I've realised is that writing likes speed. Since I write primarily for a business audience, responding to people's needs is important and producing small books fast is a great solution.

Maybe you want to write that bestseller and if so that's okay. But that may take more time and while you're doing that, what else can you do to help support your writing career.

I believe that it's a great time to be a writer. There's support, ideas and ways of publishing that didn't exist 10 years ago.

Whatever you want to achieve with your writing in the next 12 months, I wish you all the best ideas, plots and supports.

If I can help you in any way, then please let me know.

In the meantime you can find details of all my current books at www.writerslittlebook.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment