Monday 9 March 2009

Shakespeare and Company - bookshop extraordinary

Wonderful story in the Guardian about a bookshop in Paris with a refreshing take on books and life. Although I have an Amazon link on the website, I'd be just as happy using an independent bookshop, if we could come to a sensible arrangement.

Bookshops run by people who believe in books not as commodities but as a way of life are becoming as rare as hens's teeth. We should support them and I feel guilty whenever I don't. I know that I've changed my life with the help of books and that's how I think about the Writer's Little Book Club.

Check out the article - a fascinating glimpse of what seems like another world. And the French have always done things differently haven't they?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/mar/07/shakespeare-and-company-bookshop-paris

No comments:

Post a Comment